Friends of Peace, aims for this world to be a peaceful planet without any wars and terrorist activities, struggling for the PEACE within the communities, tribes, nations and religions.
Friends of Peace is a company registered in England, UK as Limited by Gurantee, non-profit organization having its headoffice in Oldham, UK, with following aims and objectves:
- To promote the presence and the role of “Friends of Peace” as positive actors of change in peace-building processes;
- To strengthen the role of people in identifying and speaking up against human rights violations, including discrimination, hate speech and those human rights violations affecting especially young people and children;
- To develop the competences of people as ambassadors in human rights promotion and protection, conflict transformation, peace-building and intercultural dialogues, as well as other specific competences according to the participants’ needs, related to their role as future ambassadors of peace;
- To support and give visibility to youth-led projects for peace-building in conflict-affected areas and communities;
- To create and support an International network of “Friends of Peace” ambassadors to secure the sustainability and medium-term impact of the peace projects.
- To provide a public forum for exchange of ideas and concerns on human rights, peace and substantive democracy.
- To undertake programmes and campaigns to generate awareness for “PEACE KEEPING”, protecting the rights of the minorities, displaced persons and refugees and work for the reduction of statelessness.
- To arrange courses and seminars for Peace Studies and Human Rights, developing an experimental model of peace education.
- To keep the comminities free of conflicts and disputes with the help of PEACE KEEPERS and PEACE MAKERS, a peace force seelected from members and trained by the Friends of Peace.
A project has been established to train the members as ‘Peace Makers and Peace Keepers’ with the following objectives:
- To build a model role for disputants to resolve their disputes peacefully;
- To assist in establishing and to support peacemaking activities;
- To promote mediation, negotiation and facilitation as effective peacemaking tools;
- To initiate, organise and implement peacemaking activities;
- To support already existing peacemaking interventions towards the reaching of sustainable agreements.
We need funding and help from other charitable organization working close to our mission, to expand it globally.
Your opinion and suggestins will help us to improve the project. Write to email@example.com